Whether you want a perfect fit before purchasing a new bike or would like to be more comfortable on your current bike, Sunset Cycles Fitting Service can help you out. From the elite racer to the casual weekend rider anyone looking to be more comfortable, or efficient, can benefit from a fitting. Low back pain, knee pain, or numbness in the extremities can all occur from an improper fit. Prevent these and other overuse injuries by having your bike properly adjusted. At Sunset Cycles we use Specialized's BodyGeomety 3D FIT system developed by the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine's Dr. Andy Pruitt Ed.D PA. The BG FIT method aims to fit the bike to the rider to optimize comfort and performance with a comprehensive 20-point flexibility assessment and dynamic pedaling anaylsis. All fitting services include a follow-up appointment with our trained BG FIT Technician. Justify your bike investment by having a fitting done today.
With more than 10 years of recreational, racing, and touring experience, Matt our trained BG FIT Technician will have the right fit for your riding style. Using his degree in Human Physiology, first-hand riding experience, and the BG FIT methodology to optimize your position.
Receive 20% discount off Fitting Services with the purchase of a Bicycle from Sunset Cycles**
or E-mail Matt: email@example.com
Fittings Are done by Appointment Only and Require 24 Hour Notice to Cancel or Reschedule
Custom Bike Fitting Packages:
1. 3D BG FIT with D.A.T.A. Fitting: $200 + parts* (2.5 hours)
- The same fitting used by the Saxo Bank-Tinkoff and Omega Pharma-Quickstep Pro Cycling Teams
- Uses Specialized's proprietary Body Geometry D.A.T.A. (Dual Angle Technical Analysis) system to capture a "Body Geometry 3D" video, which is used to record and analyze changes to your position in near-real time with amazing accuracy.
- An extensive interview and comprehensive musculoskeletal evaluation is conducted to discover your riding history and physiological tendencies and capabilities.
- Detailed adjustments may be made to cleats, shoes, pedals, seat height and fore/aft position, handlebar position, and brake/shift lever position.
2. BG 3D Fitting: $150 + parts* (2.0 hours)
- A trained BG FIT technician conducts an extensive interview to discover rider goals, injuries, habits, objectives and comfort issues.
- A comprehensive musculoskeletal evaluation and flexibility assessment follows to discover rider limitations and capabilities.
- Detailed on-bike fitting begins with seat height and fore/aft positioning followed by cleat position assessment possible with fore/aft, angular, and rotational adjustment.
- Handlebar position is assessed in detail and adjusted or recommendations made for height, distance from saddle, rotation, and width.
- Focus on improving all aspects of rider experience on the bike. Includes a 30 day comfort guarantee + one return visit.
3. 2D Bike Positioning: $85 + parts* (1.0 hour)
- A trained BG FIT technician conducts a basic flexibility analysis.
- Rider's on-bike position is then assessed and measured.
- Detailed adjustments to seat height, fore/aft position and optimized stem/handlebar position using our Multi-Position Fit Stem.
- Focus on improving rider comfort and efficiency especially over longer distances and greater intensities. Includes a 30 day comfort guarantee + one return visit.
4. Bicycle Sizing: $50 + parts* (40 minutes)
- Trained BG FIT technician will assess current position and make adjustments to optimize position and sizing
- Included free of charge with the purchase of a new bike at Sunset Cycles
- Aero Fitting Package: $40 + parts* (add 30 minutes)
- This add-on package is tailored to the unique needs of the triathlete or time trial rider.
- Includes additional adjustments and attention necessary for the aero position.
- Can be added to any bike fitting service.
- Additional Bicycle: $50 (per additional bikes) + parts* (add 30 minutes)
- Have multiple bikes? Want them all fit. For a small fee our BG FIT Technician will fit additional bikes in one fitting session.
- Cleat Fitting ($40, includes installation)--Happy with your bike fit, but have new shoes, pedals, and/or cleats? We recommend a cleat fitting to ensure you're not compromising your comfort or efficiency. It's the best thing you can do for your knees!
- Existing Fit Transfer ($50)--If Sunset Cycles has fitted you on one bike, we can do the same on another! For a similar style bike (road bike to road bike, road bike to cyclo-cross bike, mountain bike to mountain bike, etc.), the Existing Fit Transfer is your answer.
The Fine Print:
All other fitting work billed at $65/hour.
*Parts are the recommendation of the fitter and there is no obligation to buy. However, refusal of recommended parts may limit the fitter's ability to meet the objectives of the session. Additional labor charges can be expected for more complicated installation procedures of some parts, and will be offered at a discounted rate.
**20% Fit Service Discount applies only if used within 6 Months of Bicycle Purchase
Occasionally, the dimensional or mechanical aspects of a particular bicycle may limit our ability to create the ideal position for a rider. In these cases, the comfort guarantee may be limited to what is safe and mechanically sound as determined by the fitter or a qualified mechanic.